WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect and process personal data when you:
- Enter prize draws or competitions.
- Create an account with us online
- Make an online purchase and check out as a guest
- View or visit our website and utilise your account to buy products
- Contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- Place an order by phone but don’t have an account.
- Engage or correspond with us on social media.
The kind of data we collect includes:
Complaints/comments made by email, social media or via the website
- Your telephone number, name, address(es), date and month of birth, orders and receipts and email address.
- Your order history if you have an account with us
- Technical information about your internet connection and browser, the type of device you use and your preferred language
Your personal information is only retained by Direct Bees and it will not be sent, sold or shared with anyone else, including third parties, we take this subject very seriously. The only occasion that limited information you have provided may be shared, is in order to fulfil our obligation and services to you, for instance with delivery companies and payment service providers.
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- It maybe necessary for us to pass on your details to a third party to supply or deliver the product you ordered, and we may keep the details for a reasonable period afterwards to ensure the order is complete and/or process refunds or returns if needed.
- To enable us to respond to your questions, queries, refund request and complaints. We may keep a record of these for internal record keeping and make improvements to our services.
- Protect your account and our business from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to update, maintain and safeguard your account. We’ll also monitor your browsing activity with us to effectively and quickly resolve and identify any issues/problems and protect the integrity of our website.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- With your consent and by opting in, to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including but not limited to; discounts, special offers, events, promotions and competitions.
- To administer any of our competitions or promotional deals which you may enter.
We regularly review and where necessary update our privacy information, therefore, please re-visit this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware and happy with any changes. If we plan to use personal data for a new purpose, we will update our privacy information and communicate the changes to you before starting any new processing.
We regularly review our information and erase any personal data when we no longer need it. We have appropriate processes in place to comply with individuals’ requests for erasure.
SECURITY AND COOKIES
Direct Bees is committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use World Pay and PayPal as a payment gateway, so your information is safe and inaccessible to other internet users.
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. These cookies enable you to use shopping carts and to personalise your experience on our site, these files are used to keep track of what you have in your basket, and to remember you when you return to our site,.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Address: Beach Road, Harlech, Gwynedd. LL462UG
Tel: 01766 549179
Last updated 14/11/18