This great nuc box weighs only around 3kg and is ideal to have at hand during hive inspections. Made of 5mm ply wood side and a galvanised roof, this is the perfect Nucs box to available for multiple purposes/uses (comes as flat pack).
Takes 5 national bee frames (*not included*)
How To Use
- If the queen is spotted she can be transferred into the nuc box still on her frame. This allows the remaining inspection to be carried out knowing the queen is safe.
- If queen cells are found and a colony split is required the queen is available without the further searching.
- It can, of course, be used to house a nucleus colony or to temporarily house a swarm. If used to transport bees ensure there is free air access at the entrance. If the box is left at the apiary ensure it is secured against wind with a weight on the roof or with a strap
- To prolong the Nuc’s life span, why not paint the exterior.
- Always ensure the Nucs box is clean before each use, clean the lid using hot soapy water.
- The Nucs makes a great bait box, load with 5 old frames with wax in, place some lemon grass oil on the entrance and locate in a high/secure location. Any swarms in the area may certainly take up home in it.
Don’t forget to bookmark our website for all your future beekeeping equipment: https://directbees.com/